Tritone anomaly

From: Vivian Barty-Taylor
Subject: Tritone anomaly
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 07:59:18 +0100 (BST)

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, or been
bothered by it, but there's a slightly irritating
anomaly when entering the interval of a tritone
(augmented fourth.) When in \relative mode and using
the interval in a melodic line, LilyPond assumes that
the tritone goes down. However, when using it in a
chord LilyPond assumes it goes up! Could this be
"standardized"?! Much as I like idiosynchrasies when
it comes to art, when it comes to logical processes I
feel things ought to work in the same way! Also, I
keep on getting it wrong and having to re-process my
scores to fix bits where the octave is out. I haven't
found any mention of this in the documentation,
incidentally (although it may be there - I haven't
looked that carefully.)

Cheers,
Vivian.

My new website - www.vivbt.tk

Win tickets to the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/fifaworldcup_uk/