Breaking automatic beams

From: Jeff
Subject: Breaking automatic beams
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 21:26:54 +0000 (UTC)

One part of my composition looks like this, but the \nobeam function causes an
error when the code is compiled. I want the {quarter note + eight note} triplet
beam to be separated from the following {quarter note + quarter note + quarter
note} triplet, BUT I still want a tie between the last eight note of the first
triplet and the first eighth note of the second triplet. Is there a way to do
this without making these two triplets into a sextuplet?

\relative{
 \time 3/4
 \clef treble
 \key c \major