Re: Feature request - jazz / bigband notation and caesurae

From: Ralph Little
Subject: Re: Feature request - jazz / bigband notation and caesurae
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:23:30 +0100

Hi,
There are some nice examples (hand written) here:
http://bands.army.mil/masterclass/tusafb/dec2000/jazz.htm

What exactly are we asking for then?

I think what's been mentioned so far is what the above page calls
"Drops", "Falls", "Doits"(?) and "Bends".
The rest of what I've seen and is mentioned there is covered by existing
functionality I think.

In graphical terms they all seem to be different variants on different
line styles only connected to a note at one end either at the left or
the right.
One of the tricks would be to detemine the length of the
Drop/Fall/Doit/Bend.
Perhaps it would make sense to specify a "theoretical" note from which
the fall would start (or to which the Doit would go to).

E.g. c\doit-c'

Not sure on what would be appropriate syntax though :(

Getting these would be really cool!

Regards,
Ralph

TRIBAL TECHNOLOGY IS A MEMBER OF THE TRIBAL GROUP plc www.tribalgroup.co.uk
Access, copying, dissemination or re-use of information in it by anyone else is
unauthorised. If you have received this message in error, please contact the
sender as soon as possible.

This message has been scanned for viruses by Viatel MailControl