Re: Inital barnumber?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Inital barnumber?
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 03:46:39 -0700

On 25-May-06, at 9:27 AM, Daniel Johnson wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:

On 23-May-06, at 2:29 PM, Christian Conkle wrote:

I'm working on what the Lilypond docs so nicely term a "musicological document" with lilypond-book excerpts from a Bach fugue. (fis minor from WTCI) I'm using \set Score.currentBarNumber to keep the bar numbering correct, and it would be nice to have Lilypond put a bar number at the beginning of the excerpt. Is this possible?

See this message:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-09/msg00662.html

Excellent!  This works, although it displays a warning:

{
  \bar ""
  \set Score.currentBarNumber = #53
  c4 c c c c c c c
}

I'll add this to the docs; it's not at all obvious to me that there isn't a bar line at the beginning of a piece.

Cheers,
- Graham