Re: lilypond-book questions

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond-book questions
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 21:21:07 -0700

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 21:37:36 +0200
Marcus Brinkmann <address@hidden> wrote:

> The TeX backend seems to be broken in 2.9.9.  Is it still supported in
> any way?  I have seen discouragement to use it on the mailing list.
> For example:
> Layout output to
> `a.tex'.../usr/share/lilypond/2.9.9/scm/framework-tex.scm:196:26:
> While evaluating arguments to last-pair in expression (last-pair
> pages): /usr/share/lilypond/2.9.9/scm/framework-tex.scm:196:26:
> Unbound variable: pages

This might be some breakage in the unsupported tex backend, but it also
might be normal devel-version-breakage.  You might have better luck
with the stable 2.8 branch.

> How can I superscript text, like footnotemarkers, in lyrics mode?
> Footnotemarkers are part of Unicode, but they should be superscripted
> to improve the output.  Alternatively, I guess one can use the
> superscripted numbers in Unicode, but that is not the same, and is not
> generic either.  This illustrates the gap that has opened without TeX
> backend.

There are \super and IIRC \sub commands in \markup{} mode now.  See
"Overview of text markup commands".

Sorry, I can't help with your other questions.
- Graham