Re: Left AND Right aligning RehearsalMarks.

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Left AND Right aligning RehearsalMarks.
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 23:29:30 +0200

When you include an example of your .ly code, please always
make sure that you include a full example that anyone else
can run directly through LilyPond. It's very hard to guess
exactly how you used your variables \regrainmelody and
\versonemelody, not to mention that it takes time.

Bryan Murdaugh wrote:

I've seen documentation and support answers that talk about how to right align
marks (like the proper placement of a 'Fine' mark).  What I cannot figure out
after hours of tinkering and tweaking and slamming my head into the desk is how
to get a left-aligned rehearsal mark (like a segno) and a right-aligned
rehearsal mark (like a fine) in the same bar line.

First of all, you cannot have two different \mark directives
on the same bar line, so you would probably need a
\markup{...} to produce the two lines of marks with a
single \mark directive. This combined markup would then
have to be aligned to the bar line in some way.

 What am I doing wrong?  It
would take 50 pages to paste everything I've tried, but here is a snippet of the
latest attempt:

(NOTE: I want to make the Segno left aligned and the "to Verses" right aligned.)
As far as I can see, you don't have two \marks on the same
bar line here, so I probably missed what your real problem
is.

 /Mats

    refrainmelody = \relative c'' {
       \clef treble
       \key g \major
       \time 4/4
        \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.segno"
" Refrain (repeat first time
only)" } \repeat volta 2 {r4 g4 b4 g4 d'4 c8 b8 a2 r4 d4 d4 c8 b8 a2 g2 }
                \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-visibility =
#begin-of-line-invisible \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #right \mark "to Verses" \break
        }

        verseonemelody = \relative c'' {
\mark "Verse 1" r8 g8 g8 g8 fs4 g8 a8 b4 r2.
                r8 b8 b8 b8 c4 b4 a2 g2
                r4 g4 a2 c4 b4 a4 g4
r8 g8 g8 g8 a4 g8 fs8 b4 g4 r2 \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #right \mark "D.S." \bar "||" \break

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology