Re: Lilypond on max os x takes huge amount of time

From: Peter van Kranenburg
Subject: Re: Lilypond on max os x takes huge amount of time
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:44:31 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

It's a possibility. I recommend that you run fc-cache in

  /System/Library/Fonts

and

   /Library/Fonts

this will speed up future calls as well.

Thanks. This solved our problem.

One remark: We have several mac systems here. All the users have their home dir on the network, so they can login on every computer. For some users it is sufficient to copy the lilypond font cache (the one that was generated correctly) to the home dir of the user. But for other users it is necessary to build the font cache in /System/Library/Fonts on the machine they are using. I don't understand this difference.

regards,
Peter

--
Peter van Kranenburg MA MSc