Re: sponsering LilyPond if download works

From: Stewart Holmes
Subject: Re: sponsering LilyPond if download works
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 22:49:30 +0100

lilypond.exe is purely a command-line tool. Lilypond (.ly) files are plain text files... you can edit them with notepad, or your text editor of choice (I believe the Windows installer associates .ly files with LilyPad, included with Lilypond). To compile a file, right click on it, and you should see "generate PDF".

Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2006 10:24 PM

address@hidden wrote:
I tried version (I believe) 2.8.5. I saved the Welcome_to_LilyPond.ly to my desktop (that is C:\Program Files\Welcome .....) but it never appeared on my desktop. Something like My112### appeared on the desktop that I dragged & dropped on the LP icon. I also went into the HD & scared up the various LP files that appeared there. the Welcome... program appeared here so I dragged it onto the main LP file & an Adobe Reader PDF file was created, but I saw no place on it to manage (or create) input. Please advise.

Please keep lilypond emails on the mailist, so that other people may help. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the windows version, but somebody else here should be able to help.

- Graham