Sponsorship - Better Incipits / Ossai Staves.

From: Trent J
Subject: Sponsorship - Better Incipits / Ossai Staves.
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:38:24 +1000

Hi All,

This email is mainly directed at Han-Wen but if others have ideas and suggestions then please don't hesitate.

I'm looking to sponsor two features:

1: Better support for Incipits: looking at the current way of preparing incipits there isn't a way to restart the staff again e.g. to show the staff brackets etc to let reader know that the incipit ends and the staff restarts. Also there has be an incipit for the whole staff regardless of whether the clef or not values have changed or not. I've been trying examples of using markups to produce the incipit for a particular staff and then using manual overrides to shift it down and before the staff. As you can imagine this takes a lot of trial and error and can be quite time consuming to get one done let alone more.

2: The second feature is a better way to prepare ossia staves. I prepare a lot of baroque music and sometimes there a shortcuts in the notation for example: chords that should be played in the same way as the preceding bars. A fully functioning ossai stave would be beneficial.

Any thoughts and feedback appreciated.

Regards,

Trent Johnston