many short pieces - page breaks

From: Tom Permutt
Subject: many short pieces - page breaks
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 06:38:47 -0700 (PDT)

I'm setting a "book" of short pieces.  Three or four will fit on a page.  One
file of many scores with "piece=" in \header blocks does most of what I
want.  I would like page breaks, however, to happen between rather than
within pieces.

I could find the first bad break, put "breakbefore" in the header, and
repeat.  Or, I suppose, I could use "skip" to put \noPageBreak at every
barline within every score.  Either of these seems an awkward solution to
what must be a common problem.  Am I missing something easy?