Re: \tagsOn, \tagsOff

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: \tagsOn, \tagsOff
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 07:47:52 -0400

Hi, Han-Wen:

There is the keepAliveInterfaces, which you could set for each lyrics line separately.
You should be able to do it with
    \context Lyrics = "SA" \set keepAliveInterfaces = #'()
\context Lyrics = "SA" \set keepAliveInterfaces = #'(lyric- syllable-interface)
to switch off/on respectively.

Sounds great, in theory... but apparently I'm incompetent!  =)

If you could fix the small sample (attached) for me, I'd probably be able to take it from there.

Thanks!
Kieren.

%%%  CODE BEGINS
\version "2.9.15"
\include "english.ly"

lyrOff = { \context Lyrics = "lyr" \set keepAliveInterfaces = #'() }
lyrOn = { \context Lyrics = "lyr" \set keepAliveInterfaces = #'(lyric- syllable-interface) }

global =
{
        \lyrOn s1*2 \break
        \lyrOff s1*3 \break
        \lyrOn s1*2
}
theNotes = \relative c'
{
        g'4 g8. a16 g4 f
        e f g2
        d4 e f2
        e4 f g2
        g4 g8. a16 g4 f
        e f g2
        d g
        e4 c r2
        \bar "|."
}
theWords = \lyricmode
{
        This is the song that goes like this,
        goes like this, goes like this,
        this is the song that goes like this,
        nyah, nyah, nyah -- nyah!
}

\score
{
        \new GrandStaff
        <<
                \context Voice = "sigfried" << \theNotes \global >>
                \context Lyrics = "lyr" \lyricsto "sigfried" \theWords

}
%%%  CODE ENDS