Re: Accidentals tied over a line break

From: Marcus Macauley
Subject: Re: Accidentals tied over a line break
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 03:23:47 -0400

Markus: That's a way to manually suppress accidentals after a line break;
thanks. But I need a way to do it automatically.

> Is the example in "Section 9.3.7: Difficult Tweaks" of any help?

Kieren: That looks like it might be helpful, but I don't understand the syntax
well enough to adapt the tweak on that page.
(
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/user/lilypond/Difficult-tweaks.html )

It seems like it might be possible to modify that tweak with Markus's
accidental-suppression --
\once \override Staff.Accidental #'transparent = ##t
-- but I can't figure out how to do this.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Marcus

P.S. Actually, I'm not sure that will be enough. It looks like transparent
accidentals still take up space; I'd rather suppress the accidental *and* its
allotted space. Surely there should be an easier way, even if it's possible to
hack it somehow in the meantime.