polyphony & placement of accidentals

From: Jean-marc LEGRAND
Subject: polyphony & placement of accidentals
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 10:10:17 +0200

Hi

I've found a trick to move the bes left, and the c right.

\context Voice="oben" {
   \stemUp
   \clef "G"
   \key  f \major
   \time 3/8
    g       8
    c   ''  16
    b   '   16
\cadenzaOn
s32  c   ''   8   % a space before the c, which moves it on the right
  }
  \\
  \context Voice="unten" {
   \stemDown
    g       8
    bes '     8
\cadenzaOn
    bes '     8  s32 %a space after the c, which moves it on the left
  }

I often use the \cadenzaOn to insert spaces with s to move notes. Maybe someone
will find something
more "élégant" !

I've run lily on this trick, and it appears that beaming has changed and is not
perfect : I think
you'll find something to solve this pb !

Regards

JMarc