Re: Lilypond + LaTex (on Mac)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Lilypond + LaTex (on Mac)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 02:28:10 -0700

Geoff Horton wrote:
Thanks, Graham. So here's what Peter (and I) need to do, assuming that
you moved the LilyPond app off your desktop and into the Applications
folder:

Werner mentioned altering the documentation. Just in case you don't have it handy, here's the link:
http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/documentation-adding

1) Open a new terminal window.

Make sure to hit <Return> at the end of that line, and make sure not
to add any spaces before the colon, which has to be there. My line
looks like this:

export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin

IMO, it's better to do this:
export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/Apps/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin

That way the existing path is still used, even if it's set somewhere else (say, /etc/profile).

8) Type <Ctrl>X, which closes the editor.

All of these can be condensed to
$ cat "export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/Apps/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin" >> ~/.profile

(or something like that; please test it before suggesting a doc change)

11) Open a new terminal window and see if lilypond-book works now.

Peter, did you do this? After making the change, you _must_ quite terminal and then re-start it. In addition, are you sure you have the right directory? Where did you put lilypond?

Cheers,
- Graham