Re: (Fwd) New feature with ragged-last-bottom = ##f?

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: (Fwd) New feature with ragged-last-bottom = ##f?
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:03:17 +1000

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 10:03 +0200, Thomas Scharkowski wrote:
> sorry, breaks are not ignored, but new breaks are inserted.
>
> ------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded message -------
> Von:                  Thomas Scharkowski <address@hidden>
> An:                   address@hidden
> Betreff:              New feature with ragged-last-bottom = ##f?
> Datum:        Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:01:15 +0200
>
> Version 2.9.18 Windows:
>
> When I set ragged-last-bottom = ##f \break commands are ingnored,
> less bars per line are used resulting in more lines and a more even
> appearance. Is this a new feature? I did not find it in the "NEWS"
> section of the doc. I looks good but it should be possible to turn it
> off, though.

Yes, this is the new page breaker that takes line breaking into account
at the same time as page breaking. If you want fewer lines, your best
bets are to set system-count (in the score \paper block) or to increase
between-system-padding (in the book \paper block).

There is some new information in chapter 11 of the manual that might
help, too.