Re: Two lyrics extender problems

From: Holly Briscoe
Subject: Re: Two lyrics extender problems
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 19:50:23 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Arvid responded:

>> Problem 1:
>> In measure 29, the men sing "thee" and hold it for two measures.
>> But the extender line continues until meas 37.
>
>Try replacing the first \skip with "" or _.

Arvid, you rock!!! The "" worked (the _ did not, nor did __.)

So the question now is, is there a bug in LilyPond that doesn't terminate the
extender, or is that a standard thing we need to be aware of?

Any brilliant ideas for why the extender doesn't appear for the last soprano
word? Btw, the log file does give me a warning for that line: "warning:
unterminated extender".  Which is kind of ironic, since it's not drawing
anything at all :-)

Oh, I did just try Arvid's terrific little "" tip [thee. __ ""] to see if that
might force the extender, but nope, didn't do anything, still got the warning
in the log and no extender at all. I did also try moving the slur from the
first F to the final F before the E, and that didn't help either. Worse case, I
just use a pen to mark up the master before the copies are made!

Highest regards from the nation of Texas ;-)
Holly