Re: To hide a time signature

From: Marcus Macauley
Subject: Re: To hide a time signature
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 16:11:43 -0400

Mats,

If you search the index of the manual for "transparent objects", "removing objects", "hiding objects" or "invisible objects" you will find a link to some more information
on the "transparent" property in the manual.

Thanks. I don't know how I missed that before.

\once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'transparent = ##t
As is explained in the manual, this will not do exactly the same thing as your previous solution, since the transparent time signature will still occupy some
space (which is usually not desirable for this situation).

Good point. So my original solution, or Kieren's, was probably best.

Marcus