how to do (de)crescendos between monophonic and polyphonic parts?

From: Michael Kiermaier
Subject: how to do (de)crescendos between monophonic and polyphonic parts?
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 20:38:58 +0200

I want to have a crescendo mark which starts within a monophonic part an ends
within a polyphonic part. Like this (non working) example:

c\cr << {d\!} \\ {f} >>
The c should be connected to the subseeding d by a crescendo.

I know that I could put the first note into the polyphonic part (like this: <<
{c\cr d\!} \\ {s f} ), but I don't want to do that. The above example is
quite simplified to show the idea. My actual situation is different and I
definitely want the first part to be monophonic.

The manual shows how to connect notes by ties in similar situations, the
monophonic voice counts as the first polyphonic voice then.

Unfortunately, that seems not to be true for dynamic marks.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

~michael