Re: Folding a line of lyrics

From: Geoff Horton
Subject: Re: Folding a line of lyrics
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 05:47:10 -0500

Actually, the rest of the lyrics on the first line is better. This
looks like exactly what I want. Thank you!

Geoff

On 10/31/06, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:
One possibility is
\lyricmode{ ... \markup{\column{\line{ The first line would go like this }
  \line{and the second would continue here }}} and then the rest of the
line }

however, then the lyrics after the multi-line section will continue on the
top line, not the bottom line as you had sketched below. One workaround
for that could be to use \override LyricText #'extra-offset = ... to move it
down.

   /Mats

Geoff Horton wrote:
> I'm trying to set some music with _extremely_ long sets of words
> attached to one reciting tone. Lilypond sees that, freaks, and sets
> one measure per line, which doesn't look at all good. (2.9.27, OSX.)
> I'm looking for a way to set up something like this in the lyrics:
>
> "The first line would go like this
>   and the second would continue here      and then the rest of the line"
>
> I could do it by creating a dummy second verse with words only in that
> one particular spot, but that doesn't sound like fun and would require
> manual editing of the files after I run them through m4. Is there an
> easier way?
>
> Thanks,
> Geoff

        Mats Bengtsson