Unable to get Lilypond-mode working for Xemacs

From: Jonathan Henkelman
Subject: Unable to get Lilypond-mode working for Xemacs
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 16:00:27 +0000 (UTC)

I have been trying to get the Lilypond major mode working in xemacs (under
cygwin - latest release of both as I updated them this morning).

When I try to start the Lilypond mode (using Meta-x Lilypond-mode) I get the
following error: "Cannot open load file: compile".

When I comment out the line: (require 'compile)
I get the following errro: "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"

Not sure what is wrong and any help would be appreciated.  Could this be
linked to the warning I get when I run xemacs: "WARNING: Couldn't find an
obvious default for the root of the XEmacs hierarchy."  Any advice on how to
fix this would be appreciated too!

Thanks much,
Jonathan Henkelman