Re: Collision

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Collision
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:10:44 +0100

You didn't say how you combined these three voices on a single staff.
I just tried to add
\score{
 \new Staff << \partOne \\ \partTwo \\ \partThree >>
}

to your example and think that the resulting layout is quite readible.

  /Mats

Mark Garner wrote:
I'm working on an organ score for my wife and there is some notation that (to me) seems to trip up lilypond.

There are three voices on one staff:
one with a quarter note on f at the top of the treble cleff slurred to a quarter note on g at the top of the treble cleff
one that is the same thing, but down an octave
the third voice is a half note on b inbetween.

Here is the source:

\header {
    title = "Complicated Slurring"
    composer = "Mark"
    enteredby="Mark Garner"
}

\version "2.10.0"

partOne = \relative c'' {
f4 (g4) r4 r4
}

partTwo = \relative c' {
f4 (g4) r4 r4
}

partThree = \relative c'' {
b2 r4 r4
}

(Put them all together on one staff)

What happens is that the half note's stem collides with the other notes making it look like it is stemmed with the quarter note.

What I'd like to do would be to nudge the half note over just a little so that this didn't happen.

Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Mark

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems