Making successive trill spanners play nicely: recent tweak?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Making successive trill spanners play nicely: recent tweak?
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 07:02:03 -0600

Hi,

I seem to remember Han-Wen recently (in the last 6 weeks or so) adding
something somewhere that shortens trill spanners just the right amount
so that ...

 \pitchedTrill c'4 \startTrillSpan d'
 \pitchedTrill c'4 \stopTrillSpan \startTrillSpan d'
 c'4

... comes out perfectly, with both trill spanners at the same vertical
position (so that the first one isn't so long as to push the second
one up the page).

But I can't find the mail or NEWS entry where this is mentioned. Does
anyone remember how to turn the feature on?

--
Trevor Bača