Re: problem showing tempo

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: problem showing tempo
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:30:35 +0100

Why is layout block needed in the score block if there is also a midi block? If you remove the midi block, you get the PDF. It is very inconsistent behaviour. There was a discussion years ago about this, I don't remember its end.

Bert

Mats Bengtsson írta:
Your \score{...} block contains a \midi but no \layout, so LilyPond will only
produce a MIDI file, no PDF file for your example. Are you sure that you
didn't look at an old version of the PDF? When I add a \layout{} block, I
certainly get a metronome mark in the PDF.

Regards

  /Mats

Ole Schmidt wrote:
Hi,
I'am a beginner and need some help:

When I put a \tempo 4 = 72 in my score, I don't see it back in the pdf. I assume that its overwritten by some \override command. But which one?

thank you for a hint,

best

ole