Which LilyPond for Mac G3 (Pismo) running OS 10.4.7

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Which LilyPond for Mac G3 (Pismo) running OS 10.4.7
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 02:25:06 -0700

Can someone point me to documention as to which version of Lily I should on a Mac G3 (Pismo) running OS 10.4.7? The darwin choices here: http://lilypond.org/vc/gub.darcs/READ-ME don't necessarily match what I have. From the Download page "MacOS X (G3, G4, G5 Macs) 10.3 and newer" seems to be the right choice. I unpacked (in the wrong place at first) and I could execute it from there but it was going to run forever. I moved it to /Applications and now I can start Lily but File/Open acts like it is going to open a file but does not do anything. I also didn't find any install command.

Does Mac no longer use carriage for end of line since OSX. That seem to be the case from the command line.

I have had limited experience with a Mac so I could use any other pointers to relevant documentation.
TIA,

Paul Scott