Re: pageBreak-layout again

From: Ole Schmidt
Subject: Re: pageBreak-layout again
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:11:59 +0100

I put "ragged-bottom-last = ##f" into both versions (whith \breaks \pageBreaks and without) it does not change anything...

Am 28.01.2007 um 12:58 schrieb Joe Neeman:

On 1/28/07, Ole Schmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear list,

Yesterday I posted:

"Between every System I put a \break, between every Page a \pageBreak
The first page is fine, the second is spread on two pages , why??"

Now, just to see what happens, I remove all \breaks and \pageBreaks.
The result is the other way around: on the first page are 5 vertical-
well-spaced systems, on the second page 4 Systems are glued together
on the first half of the page.

Try adding "ragged-bottom-last = ##f" to your \paper block
(ragged-bottom-last is true by default because otherwise short
examples look very strange, but it should usually be turned off for
reasonably long pieces).

By the way, it is much easier for people to answer your questions if
you construct a short example that illustrates your problem instead of
copy&pasting a large file. For example, you can often illustrate page
and line breaking problems by using "repeat unfold" as in

\version "2.11.10"
% help: why does this take up 5 pages?
\relative c {
 \repeat unfold 50 {a b c d}