Re: Lilypond Tool

From: Father Gordon Gilbert
Subject: Re: Lilypond Tool
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 08:26:23 -0500

Hi folks,

I'm a BIG fan of Lilypond Tool now!!  I've just installed it in my jEdit on my Windoze machine, and run a few files.  The Console which shows you what's happening makes it more like my FreeBSD machine in visibility, and the PDF viewer with click-to-find is super!  And the Midi launcher -- great!  And looking through the menu items, I'm just beginning to scratch the surface of the possibilities.

BUT ...

It seems to take an inordinate amount of time to process these files.  I'm not working on huge files -- most are songs that fit on one page.  But they take (according to the Console window) the best part of five minutes to process.  Any ideas on how to streamline this?  I've tried un-checking the "complex parser", but that doesn't help, and if I click "Restart Lilypond Tool, it quits the process with "permission denied".  And sometime, for no apparent reason, the convert-ly function comes up with "Bean-shell error".  Dunno why.

So any help in making my system as efficient as possible is appreciated.  Lily never took so long in the drat-&-drop method on Windoze, or on my FreeBSD machine.  I'd like it to be faster than it is if possible.

Windows XP Pro, Lilypond 2.11.5, jEdit 4.3 pre-9, Lilypond Tool 2.10.3

Blessings,

Father Gordon Gilbert