Re: Space between staffs of a PianoStaff

From: Michael David Crawford
Subject: Re: Space between staffs of a PianoStaff
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:24:24 -0800

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Unless you have any cross-stave beams or slurs, the easiest is to just replace PianoStaff by GrandStaff. Actually, the only reason
whatsoever to use a PianoStaff is when you have such cross-stave
features. If you really want to stick to the PianoStaff, the spacing
can be set using:
\layout{
 \context{
   \PianoStaff
   \override VerticalAlignment #'forced-distance = #8

Is forced-distance still present in 2.11.18?  When I try to do this I get:

warning: cannot find property type-check for `forced-distance' (backend-type?). perhaps a typing error?
warning: doing assignment anyway

and it has no effect.

Searching for forced-distance in Google turned up hits in the 2.11 doc, but the pages are no longer there.

I also saw various alternative ways to do it in the doc for earlier versions of Lilypond, but none of them would work either.

I'll try changing it to GrandStaff to see if that helps.

Michael David Crawford
address@hidden
http://www.geometricvisions.com/