Re: Forcing PDF to be one page?

From: Mark Dewey
Subject: Re: Forcing PDF to be one page?
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:38:28 -0700

It sounds like you've tried at least something like this, but this is what works for me, and it does work for me (I normally don't need to set all of these, though):

\paper
{
        indent = 0.0
        between-system-space = 0.1 \mm
        between-system-padding = #1
        paper-height = 32 \cm
        top-margin = 0.1 \mm
        bottom-margin = 0.1 \mm
        foot-separation = 0.1 \mm
        head-separation = 0.1 \mm
        after-title-space = 0.1 \mm
        before-title-space = 0.1 \mm
        between-title-space = 0.1 \mm
}

Anyway, I particularly wanted to mention the paper-height part, for even though the printer is designed for certain kinds of paper, increasing the paper-height doesn't usually mess up the printing if you only do it a cm or two.

Michael David Crawford wrote:
Hi Again,

I'm still trying to get a score to fit on a CD jewel case insert.

Joe Neeman's suggestion that I adjust max-stretch enabled me to make the two staves in a PianoStaff be closer together. Unfortunately, tweaking all the different paper variables often causes quite nonsensical results, for example the PDF will have several pages, with only a single system placed at the bottom of the first page with a bunch of blank space above.

Is there some way I can force Lilypond to just make the PDF fit on a single page? It's a short enough song that it should be able to do it.

Thanks for your help,

Michael David Crawford
address@hidden
http://www.geometricvisions.com/