Re: -b eps option (was RE: OOolilypond and openoffice 2.1)

From: René Brandenburger
Subject: Re: -b eps option (was RE: OOolilypond and openoffice 2.1)
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 13:01:39 +0100

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 14:06 -0600, Paul Harouff wrote:
        > Thanks, Graham.
        >
        > I failed to mention that the -dbackend=eps option works
        outside of
        > OOo. I verified that before making the changes to Subs.xba.
        >
        > I think this is some other script error inside OOoLilypond
        passing a
        > bad value to Lilypond, but I don't have a clue from the
        LilyPond error
        > message where to look.
        >
        > Even thinking about using LaTeX and LilyPondBook gives me
        chills. And
        > while LilyPond is great at handling musical notation, it is
        horrible
        > at handling text outside of a score (which is completely
        > understandable - because that's not what it's designed for).
        > OOoLilypond looks like it could be a real production tool for
        laying
        > out hymnbooks and worship services, etc., by combining the
        strengths
        > of LilyPond and OOoWriter. I'm really excited to see if I can
        get it
        > working and try it out.
        >
        > Paul

        Hi Paul,

        if you're looking for a "WYSIWYG" solution comparable to
        OOoLilypond,
        you could give the newest LyX Release (LyX Version 1.4.4) a try,
        as it
        has now support for including lilypond snippets into the
        document.
        All I had to change in my lilypond files to include complete
        scores was
        adding \include "lilypond-book-preamble.ly". To get inline
        snippets, you
        can add a ragged-right.
        This works fine for me.

        rene