Re: Two questions about note heads

From: Michael O'Donnell
Subject: Re: Two questions about note heads
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 21:31:25 -0500

Thanks to Mats for this tip, which also helps me with a similar project (I'm trying to set some old mensural notation just as given by the 15th century copyist, who has somewhat different conventions from those in LilyPond).

So, I managed to set some triangular heads, which I cooked up by rotating one of the shape-note heads.

Remaining problems:

Get the stems to attach properly (they seem to default to the top center).

Get reasonable spacing between notes (they set with no space in between, but adding \hspace or even \null leads to a lot of space).

Set the thing up globally to replace noteheads throughout a score (and take care of the other stuff) according to the note duration. I expect that I need to expand Mats' over-ride for stencil to a piece of conditional Scheme code.

I'll figure this all out eventually, but if anybody already knows, a tip will be great.

For the future, it would be great to have a user-settable list of noteheads for each duration as a parameter.

Cheers,

Mike O'Donnell
http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~odonnell/