problems with repeats-doc, was: afterGrace

From: Till Rettig
Subject: problems with repeats-doc, was: afterGrace
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 12:18:49 +0300

John Mandereau wrote:

What about Chapter 9 "Changing defaults"?  It's very practical, and it
deals in detail with \tweak, \set and \override.  Chapter 5 is only an
introduction to tweaking, for beginners.

Yes, I see, this is really good enough. If we give working examples in the sections
before chapter 9 this won't be an issue, I guess.

As always, don't fear asking other questions about unclear docs details
like the afterGraceFraction thing.

;-) Yes, here is another one! I don't understand the logic behind the second example
with volta repetition in 6.7.2. In my understanding the first fourth in the second volta (that
is fourth repeat time) doesn't belong here. I would repeat the first part three times, and thus
the upbeat fills the gap left by in the first volta which contains only three beats. But then
I would skip the first volta and go directly to the second, and suddenly I have one beat too much
in my music. What kind of convention is this meant to be?

Greetings
Till