Re: locale problem with jedit + lilypond under Windows XP

From: Gilles THIBAULT
Subject: Re: locale problem with jedit + lilypond under Windows XP
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 17:40:53 +0200

I have the same problem, in a french environment.
I use LilyPond with jEdit 4.3 pre9 on Windows XP (java 1.6)
At compile time, all console messages print bad when there are french (accented) characters.

In Windows, , if you want to have accented caracters from lilypond, you must first change the police to
"Lucida console".
In JEdit, in the "console plugins", if you choose this font and set the cararcter encoding to UTF-8, you will get the correct accents when you enter "lilypond" in the *system* console.

BUT, in the *lilypond* console, you cannot change this 2 settings : no options for that. So whatever I try, I never got the correct accented caracters.

But perhaps someone as a trick.
I would be very happy to learn it.

Gilles