Re: Nested \includes in different subdirectories?

From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: Re: Nested \includes in different subdirectories?
Date: 06 Jul 2007 20:30:55 +0200

FWIW, I'm (ab)using the current behaviour of \include to produce
differently typeset different editions of music from the same source.
(Yes, I know there are other ways, but bear with me.)

What I do is this: I have an include directory that always resides in
../include/.  A single file here contains my "house style": Margins,
staff size, copyright-ish notice, ISMN placement, rest merging et
cetera.  All based on the default paper size of A4.

Now I'm typesetting a book in 6"x9" format.   I use symbolic links to
the usual .ly sources, but I have a different ../include which
*mostly* just contains symlinks to the original files, but which
alters my "house style" so that the paper size is different (with
suitable margin and staff size changes to accomodate that), ISMNs are
typeset differently, I lose the tagline (its information is moved to
the copyright page of the book).  I even replace the title by a blank
one to have it typeset in the same place by LaTeX and get song
numbering that way.

It's all an extremely ugly hack, but it works.

All that said, I'd normally prefer nested includes that work the way
you expect, though.  Or a simple way to set the lilypond (and guile)
include path...  ;-)

--

Arvid