multimeasure rests with proper measure numbering

From: Dewdman42
Subject: multimeasure rests with proper measure numbering
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 12:26:52 -0700 (PDT)

I figured out how to create a multimeasure rest, but it seems that the
measure numbering does not reflect what may be in the conductors score.  So
for example, if I have a conductors score and some part sheets, and one of
the parts has 12 bars to wait.  I would like them to see one bar with the
multi-measure rest set to 12 bars, but then I want the next measure to be
numbered measure #13, not #2.

Is this a bug or is there a clever way around this that I can't think of?