Re: midi2ly

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: midi2ly
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 15:26:27 -0700

Unfortunately I have no experience running midi2ly on windows, but hopefully somebody on the mailing list can help.

The only thing I can think of is finding out if this crash happens on every file, or just the one you tried -- try creating a very simple midi file (with one or two notes), and try running midi2ly on that file.

Cheers,
- Graham

Daniel wrote:
Hi Graham:

I've been trying to use the midi2ly python script that you provided as part
of lilypond, but it is crashed on line 243.

The midi2ly version is 2.10.25.

The exact output I get when trying to run it is the following:

D:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin>midi2ly.py thegrand.mid

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "D:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\midi2ly.py", line 996, in ?

    main()

  File "D:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\midi2ly.py", line 994, in main

    convert_midi (f, o)

  File "D:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\midi2ly.py", line 834, in
convert_midi

    for (dur, num, den) in global_options.allowed_tuplets:

SystemError:
/home/lilydev/vc/gub/target/mingw/gubfiles/src/python-2.4.2/Objects

/listobject.c:243: bad argument to internal function

D:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin>

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you