Centered short staff

From: Norman Hamilton
Subject: Centered short staff
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 03:21:45 +0000

I'm putting together an instructional method book and I need to make a heading which contains a single labeled note. I'd like to make the the staff to be centered and a few inches long. What I have now is a note aligned to the left and a staff the takes up the entire line.

Here's an example of what I've tried:

      { g'^"G" }

      \markup { Exercise 4 }
        \relative
{ g' g a a b b c c b b a a d d e e f f g g g g g g a, a b b c c b b a a g2 }

        \markup { Exercise 5 }
        \relative
{g'4 g b b c c b b e e f f g g b, b g g c c b b g g b b c c b b a a a a g2 }

Thanks

Norman

(version 2.6.3)

Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now!  http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=club_hotmailtextlink1