RE: Is it possible to generate guitar tab below the notation staff ?

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: RE: Is it possible to generate guitar tab below the notation staff ?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:17:53 +0000

Yes, LP can do guitar tab, but it might leave some rock guitarists wanting.  For classical pieces it would probably be adequate (there's no support, at least in the version I use - 2.6.5 - for things like bends, hammer-ons/pull-offs, etc).  Just guessing, since I've never really done any serious classical guitar work. :-)

I picked up how to incorporate tabs through the users manual, so I gather for even a more recent version there's got to be a good starting point in one of the sections.  But I also understand that if you are new to LP the users manual can seem intinmidating (actually any computer programming/application users guide can be that way to a novice).  As is usual, I am at work and don't have any example code, but I'd be glad to send an example to you later if you are still scratching your head.

LP tabulature is said by some to be a bit non-standard, but I think it does the job wonderfully, especially when paired to standard notation.