Re: Why will this tie not work?

From: David Fedoruk
Subject: Re: Why will this tie not work?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:49:17 -0700

Sorry Neil, that last reply got sent before I was finshed writing it.
This is the code I just tried:

\version "2.11.27"
\include "english.ly"
   upper = \relative c'' {
        \clef treble
        \key e \major
        \time 3/4
                \mark "Allegro"

        ef[d ef f g af ]                |       % bar 65
        g[ bf \grace af16 g8 f ef df ]  |       % bar 66
           \grace bf16 \stemUp  cf2  af'4~ |
\new Voice      { \stemDown      cf,2.                  |  }    % bar 67,68
         af'8[ af gf f bf af ]  |
        gf[bf \grace af16 gf8 f ef df ] |       % bar 69

     lower = \relative c {
        \clef bass
        \key e \major
        \time 3/4

                ef4 ef, r4                                      |
% bar 66
                r8 af'8[f d cf af ]                             |
% bar 67
                bf,,2.                                          |
% bar 68
                ef4 r4 r                                                |
        % bar 69

     }

     \score {
        \new PianoStaff <<
           \set PianoStaff.instrumentName = "Piano  "
           \new Staff = "upper" \upper
           \new Staff = "lower" \lower

        \layout { }

        \midi { }

     }

This new code also does not add the tie even though it is much simpler to write.

Cheers,
David