RE: songbooks with guitar tablature

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: RE: songbooks with guitar tablature
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 19:44:19 +0000

Hi Roy!

Yes, Lilypond supports tab.  In the version I use (2.6.5) the guitar tab is a little limited compared to what you sometimes see for wild rock guitar solo's, but it should be effective for things that don't need advanced guitar technique.  I'm not sure if the newer versions have added any more tab functions.  As you mention "occasional" lines of guitar tab, you should be able to do it.