Re: << \\ >> constructs and things that cross measures

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: << \\ >> constructs and things that cross measures
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 12:57:43 -0400

Hi Trevor (et al.):

Yup, this is indeed very useful. Here's me discovering this construct
just a couple of days ago for double-voiced noteheads and stems that
cross over in piano music:

The other really helpful (at least for me) situation this handles is lyrics: the lyrics automatically follow the principal Voice if you don't use \\.

If you use the \\ construct, you then need to explicitly name the context to maintain the Lyric attachment:
    << \context Voice = "mainVoice" { a b c d } \\  { f f f g } >>

Cheers,
Kieren.