Full measure rest positioning

From: Mark Dewey
Subject: Full measure rest positioning
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 22:26:00 -0700

I've been trying to figure out how to either manually position full measure
rests, or to have them all go in a certain position.  I'm using 3/4 time.

With normal rests, I can do b'2.\rest or put \override Rest #'direction = #'0
in the code above.

I can do R2. but the position is too high, due to how I've got the voices set
up.

How might one do this?

Anyway, just a musical question:
Is it wrong to just use r2. instead of a full measure rest?  In my case, this
is the first measure of the piece.

Thank you for the help.