rehearsal marks continued

From: Ruth Roland
Subject: rehearsal marks continued
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:18:41 +0000 (UTC)

Here's the relevant sample.  Thanks.
Ruth

\version "2.11.28"
   global= {
           \time 4/4
           \key e \minor

         }

         violinOne = \new Voice \with {\consists "Mark_engraver"}
            { \relative c''{
               \set Staff.instrumentName = "Violin I "
\set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-circle-barnumbers

r2^arco b'\mf \upbow
\mark \default
c b fis d'
\bar "|." }}

         \score {
                               \new Staff << \global \violinOne >>

            \layout { }
            \midi { \context {
      \Score
      tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment 120 4)}}
         }

It's not strange that you get doubled rehearsal marks
if you add the engraver to the Voice context and keep
it in the Score context.  What do you try to achieve
when you add the Mark_engraver to the Voice context
(in my opinion, it does make sense in a few special
situations to move it from the Score context to the
Staff context, but not to the Voice context)?

  /Mats

This is pure incompetence in my part.  I am learning
lilypond by trial and error.  The
\with {\consists "Mark_engraver"} was left over from
the score version, so segnos etc. would appear on all
systems.

Ruth

Just remove the: \with {\consists "Mark_engraver"}
to get rid of the extra rehearsal mark.
  /Mats

Thank you!  That worked,
Ruth