Re: Multimeasure rests with chordnames context .. possible bug?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Multimeasure rests with chordnames context .. possible bug?
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:16:01 +0200

Quoting Jack Cooper <address@hidden>:

I've been having a problem generating multimeasure rests within
leadsheets, and until recently I made no serious attempt to figure
out what was going on.  What I finally noticed is that lilypond
doesn't generate multimeasure rests when I use the chordnames context.
If I comment out the chordnames part of the score, lilypond correctly
generates multimeasure rests.

I haven't seen anything in the archives addressing this issue, so
I wonder if I've been missing something obvious.  I am currently
using version 2.11.27 under windows, although I noticed this problem
with version 2.10.x as well.  I've attached a copy of one of the
leadsheet files that exhibits this behaviour..

If you temporarily replace your \context ChordNames = mychords {
by
\context Staff = mychords {
you might get a clue on what the problem is.

In order for the \set Score.skipBars = ##t setting to work here, you need to use multimeasure rests also in the ChordNames context. For example, you should replace

harmonies = \chordmode {        c1 r1 r r r r r

by

harmonies = \chordmode {        c1 R1*6

   /Mats