page breaks related to header size

From: Paul Scott
Subject: page breaks related to header size
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 20:58:45 -0700

2.11.34

In this example there is clearly room for another system on the first page. Removing anything from the header will allow another system to move to the first page. Whatever is removed from the header clearly doesn't take as much vertical space as one system.

I have worked for several hours reducing my real example to the following. If a simpler example is needed I will see what I can do.

Thanks,

Paul Scott

\version "2.11.34"
\include "english.ly"
#(set-default-paper-size "letter")
#(set-global-staff-size 20.8)

\paper{
 paper-size = "letter"
 ragged-bottom = ##t
 ragged-lastbottom = ##t
 top-margin = .2\in
 bottom-margin = .4\in
 head-separation = 0\in
 foot-separation = 0\in
 between-system-space = .08\in
 between-system-padding = .08\in
 before-title-space = .01\in
 between-title-space = .01\in
 after-title-space = .01\in
}

timingi = {
 \time 4/4
 s1*8
 \break
 s1*40
 \bar "|."
}

asiii = <<
 \relative c'' {
   \repeat unfold 32 d4
   \repeat unfold 128 f'4
 }
 { s1\f s1*7 s1\f s1*15 s1\p s1*7 s1\f }

asiiilii = \relative c {
 R1*8
 \repeat unfold 160 e4
}

\header {
 title       = \markup{ Page Break Test }
 subtitle    = \markup{ Subtitle }
 subsubtitle = \markup{ Subsubtitle }
 composer = \markup{
   \column{
     \line{ Line 1 } \line{ Line 2 } \line{ Line 3 } \line{ Line 4 }
     \line{ Line 5 }
 piece       = \markup{ Test }
}

 \layout {
   indent = 0 \in
   \context {
     \Score
     \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t
   }
   \context { \RemoveEmptyStaffContext }
 }
\score {