Re: page breaks related to header size

From: Michael David Crawford
Subject: Re: page breaks related to header size
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 21:56:20 -0800

Paul Scott wrote:
> 2.11.34
>
> In this example there is clearly room for another system on the first
> page.  Removing anything from the header will allow another system to
> move to the first page.  Whatever is removed from the header clearly
> doesn't take as much vertical space as one system.

I have also found that increasing the height of the text at the bottom of the first page will increase the page count. My piece "Recursion" was seven pages, but when I reformatted its Creative Commons license to be a couple lines longer, the score went to eight pages. I fiddled with it for quite a while, but was completely unable to get it back to seven pages and still be sensibly laid out.

You can get the old score & Lilypond source at:

http://www.geometricvisions.com/music/

I'll be posting the new version in a few days, as part of my rollout of updating my license from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 to 3.0.

Mike Crawford
address@hidden
http://www.geometricvisions.com/