Re: GDP: the snippets vs. texinfo

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: GDP: the snippets vs. texinfo
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 14:11:46 +0100

On 10 Nov 2007, at 06:02, Graham Percival wrote:

Consider NR 1.2.1 Tuplets, for example. (if you haven't already, please see the "LSR->lilypond docs" email)

Currently, the "Commonly tweaked properties" contains five examples. These demonstrate a number of neat tricks you can do with tuplets... but what happens if something needs to be updated? (ie a property name changes, somebody thinks of a better explanation, there's a nicer way to achieve a particular tweak, etc)

Personally, I don't care were stuff is put, if only the main document is having certain keyword to search for and an indication of where to read more about it. If I type a keyword in Preview (Mac OS X), I can see all occurrences.

So, for example, suppose I want to typeset less common meters. These are called by names such as "irregular", "asymmetrical", "compound", "complex", "aksak", "limping", etc. I could search for a few of those names to get a hit. If there is a line in the document that this is discussed in more detail elsewhere, it would be fine with me.

In this context, I have found examples in the main document to be useful because sometimes I have some LilyPond code, and then I can search for occurrences of some keywords in that code. This way, I can get places where the topic I am looking for might be discussed.

  Hans Aberg