Re: Odd Volta Behaviour

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Odd Volta Behaviour
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 00:09:45 -0800 (PST)

Dear Jack,

On Nov 14, Jack Cooper-2 wrote:
> The song (An abridge version of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star")
> contains a volta repeat with alternative endings.  In this case,
> my volta bracket appears below my "chords".
>
> How do I move the volta above my "chords" while retaining the peculiar
> structure I've set up to display my chords/fret diagrams? Is this
> a case where I should be defining a new context for my chords/frets?

In Lilypond version 2.11.32 the volta bracket is set above the chords and
the frets. Your file seems to be created using 2.11.25. I wonder if there
has been some glitch that has been fixed in later versions.

Please, have a look at the image if it looks as you intended.

-Risto

http://www.nabble.com/file/p13742115/twinkle_volta.png Volta bracket
placement in 2.11.32.