Re: font errors but still output

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: font errors but still output
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 20:37:39 +0100

2007/12/3, Tim Reeves <address@hidden>:

> Looks like the same font for Valentin and I , just Open Type vs. True Type.
>
> It was no problem in 2.11.34 (or any previous version) and I did not recently
> install that font.
>
> However - good news! - I rebooted my machine for some other reason, and I
> have not now had a problem since. (At least I think that was when the problem
> went away.)

Unfortunately, this is just getting worse here :(

Turns out that some accented characters trigger the bug, while others
don't (???). I don't know what has changed since .34, but I'm looking
forward to get .36 and see what happens next...

I suspect this is just a dumb encoding problem, but only on specific
situations, and no matter what editor I use (even LilyPad reproduces
the bug!).

(Interestingly, this doesn't happen on linux -- but did I really need
to add this?)

Valentin