Re: Help on changing staff sizes

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Help on changing staff sizes
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:40:51 +0200

thanks for this, it took me my time to figure out into which context to put it... Lilypond is not really userfriendly in many things... But well, there are some issues with that: The horizontal spacing doesn't get changed, like the space between a thick and a hair barline. Is there now chance to get everything with one command. We promise correct spacing and optical fontsizes, but if it is not possible to get them easily for part of your score only, I think this should be considered a bug. I would hope somebody could also add the missing information to the StaffSymbol documentation.

Greetings
Till

Trevor Daniels schrieb:
Hi Till

Here's a clue that might help:

        % Reduce notes and staff
        fontSize = #-2
        \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -2)

This reduces the size of the notes and the distance between the staff lines to
match the reduced note size.

Change the two -2s to suit your needs, but keep them the same value.

Trevor D