Re: Tie across triplet boundary

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Tie across triplet boundary
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:03:04 +0100

On 29.12.2007 (23:17), Michael Nelson wrote:
> Hi guys.  I'm a new user of Lilypond.  I'm notating an old (out of copyright)
> edition of Bach's Invention 1.  I was happy to get through the first 5 bars
> with remarkably few problems.  But I have hit a snag in bar 6.  See the
> snapshot of the original:
>
> http://bayimg.com/CaIonAabj
>
> In the last 6 notes in the treble stave there is a triplet with the last note
> tied to the following b.  I get an error because (I presume) the tie crosses
> the triplet boundary.  My failed attempt for those last 6 notes is:

No, you get it because you didn't place the tie mark ~ after the note that
should be tied, but after the bracket.

\times 2/3 { b32 c b } ~ b16  vs.
\times 2/3 { b32 c b ~ } b16

--
"Today's robots are very primitive, capable of understanding only a few
 simple instructions such as 'go left', 'go right', and 'build car'."